Who are we?
The Teaching Awards Trust was established in 1998 by David, Lord Puttnam CBE, as a means of recognising and celebrating excellence in education. The Awards honour outstanding teachers and teaching and highlight just how vital success in education is to the health and wealth of the UK.
The charity’s mission is to celebrate excellence in education, through the annual Pearson Teaching Awards and the Thank a Teacher Campaign.
Teachers who receive a “thank you” also get the opportunity to go through to the UK-wide Teaching Awards. We write to the teacher’s headteacher, deputy or principal to invite them to use the thank-you message as a starting point for an awards entry.
- Entries open for the 2019 awards year – November 2018
- Senior leadership teams at schools and colleges submit entries by entry deadline: 10th March 2019
- Thank you messages received from the public – all year round
- Senior leadership teams are invited to use thank you message as ‘starting point’ for entry (for thank you messages submitted by 17th February 2019)
- Judges shortlisting period: March – April 2019
- Schools notified of finalists: late April 2019
- Judges visit schools: April – May 2019
- Silver winners announced (Celebrations take place at schools and FE colleges across the country): 21st June 2019
- House of Commons Silver winners celebration tea: 11th July 2019
- Teaching Awards UK ceremony: October 2019